Psalm 96:4

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise..."

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our new home

We are now in Chiang Mai and getting settled into our home we are renting here. It is fun to have a yard to work in again and watch things grow.



We have been busy shopping for necessity household items and slowly it is beginning to feel like home. I still have lots of deep cleaning I want to do especially in the kitchen and bathrooms so I can know it is clean. :)

Our shipment of boxes should arrive this week and then we have to begin unpacking. Today we took a taxi "tuk tuk" to a shopping center and looked around and priced items we still need to purchase. I am looking forward to getting the kitchen items, as it still needs a stove and oven ...then I can do some cooking :). I bought an iron today so our clothes can be taken care of because when you hang out to dry they don't look quite as nice as coming from a dryer.

Chiang Mai is in the winter season so the temp's are very pleasant for us ranging in the 70's and even a bit cooler in the evenings. This is so enjoyable and a pleasant break from the hot and humid weather in Singapore. I am told the summer months will be much warmer though so hopefully I have some fans by then to use.

I will take more pic's of the inside of the house soon so you can see it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see pictures of your new house.....I took a few more of ours as well and will email them to you soon. Love you
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Your house looks wonderful but you must be going into withdrawal without an oven. I will be in CM Feb 23- Mar 2nd - can we get together for a coffee?
Pam