Psalm 96:4

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise..."

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What's growing in my yard?

I took these pictures of some interesting things we have growing in our yard.... Do you know what they are?








The flower is growing at the base of a palm tree and this is the first time it has bloomed...not sure what it is called but I think it is pretty. Maybe some type of a lily.

The next is a fruit called Apple Custard and I have eaten a couple of them so far and they are delicious. The birds like them too... so as soon as they are ripe they peck holes into them. I keep watching every day to see if they are ready to pick and try to beat the birds to them.

The last fruit, with the flower still hanging on to it is a....Dragn Fruit. This is actually our neighbors plant and it has runners that climb over to our side of the fence. Only one produced fruit this year but I am anxiously waiting for it to ripen. 

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Love apple custard. Haven't had it in years, but love it!