Psalm 96:4

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise..."

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What do we have to eat...

I was having a hard time trying to figure out something to eat for our dinner. The problem was I really didn't want to go to the store so I had to use what I had handy... I decided to make some biscuits & gravy. The biscuits were really good and I thought I would share this old recipe with you.








Southern Gal Biscuits
2 c. flour, 2 T. sugar
, 4 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 c. shortening, 1 egg, 2/3 c. milk

Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cream of tarter into a bowl. Add the shortening to the flour mixture and blend together until of cornmeal consistency. Pour the milk into the flour mixture slowly. Add the egg. Stir to a stiff dough. Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a 1 1/2 inch cutter. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes.

No comments: