Psalm 96:4

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise..."

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm back again:)

I'm back again...after spending over 3 months in the states. I was so thankful for the time I was able to spend with my mom in Montana as well as with our family and friends in Washington, Ohio and Nebraska. Yes, we were on the "fast track" meeting up with many in a short time.

As our move to Thailand draws near I have many questions and uncertainties about how things will change for us but most certainly I know God has a plan and purpose for each of us and we step out in faith trusting Him with each step we take.

Today as I was sorting through some items with our TWR-Asia ministry I came across this very encouraging listener letter. A good reminder of why we are committed to this ministry.




TWR-Asia: Thailand

This dear sister wrote in response to the Thai Women of Hope program. Her home country of Laos is tucked in between Thailand and Vietnam.

I had a lot of problems in my family and I was feeling so discouraged and lonely. I never listened to the radio, but for some reason one night I reached over and turned on the one at my bedside.
The first thing I heard was you on the Woman of Hope program telling me that God loves me. You spoke so directly to my heart that I prayed with you at the end of it to invite Jesus into my life. He has become my source of strength and joy.
I went to church and witnessed to family and friends. One time, I was put in prison for my witnessing. But God was with me and, after I was released, I kept witnessing until my family came to the Lord. Many others in our village have as well. My younger brother is in Bible School in Thailand.

We have a fellowship of believers in several places. Recently, when you conducted a seminar near the Laotian border, I and seven of my converts came across to that seminar. It was particularly thrilling to meet the person who led me to Jesus.
We are so isolated–often by fear. Sometimes Christians are too afraid to fellowship or even speak to me because they know that I am being watched all the time. Words cannot express how much Christian radio means to me and my Christian brothers and sisters in Laos.
(signed) Your spiritual daughter
- Laos

No comments: